Why would I want this job?
This role will lead financial close, analysis, budgeting, forecasting and operational aspects of clinical trials within late development Cell Therapy and Hematology portfolio of approximately $500M. Additionally, the selected candidate will support integration of multipleplatforms/systems and processes in support of the new acquisition. Finally, the successful candidate will collaborate extensively with large developments team for asset analysis needed for Governance meetings and achieving financial goals
What would I be doing?
- Leads the forecast, budget and analysis for late development study budgets, including development and management of individual clinical study budgets, analysis of the actual spending and calculation of clinical study accruals in accordance with GAAP.
- Collaborates with a cross-functional team (Project Leadership, Sourcing, Clinical Operations, etc.) regarding the study/program status and development/evolution of study budgets to ensure transparency of scope and changes.
- Develops dynamic financial models supporting the study forecasts used to assess various business cases.
- As part of monthly general ledger closing, prepares journal entries for required accruals, reclassifications or other adjustments resulting from review of operations.
- Works closely with the Finance Shared Service Center to ensure complete and accurate accounting and timely closings.
- Proactively monitors the study assumptions to ensure that forecasts are maintained and updated as accurately and rigorously as possible.
- Assists with periodic management reporting to project teams and governance committees regarding study performance relative to budget.
- Assists with preparation of financial presentations and highlight reports for Senior Management.
- Ensures integrity of financial data by regularly reviewing and reconciling data shared between key financial applications used within the function.
- Ad-hoc projects as required
What would make me qualified?
- 5-8 years of Finance/ Accounting experience with 3 years in a financial analysis role.
- Experience in R&D preferred.
- Excellent skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office products e.g. Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of business intelligence software (e.g.OBIEE, Hyperion, Oracle, Anaplan) and experience with integrated accounting software a plus.
- Ability to work as a team player in a very fast-paced environment.
- Ability to tailor work approach from detail oriented to strategic overview depending on audience.
- Ability to identify existing or potential deficiencies in operating processes or procedures and proactively recommend solutions.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management and the ability to influence processes across multiple functions and geographies
- Travel as required (~10%)
- High sense of urgency and ability to identify creative solutions to, time sensitive problems by balancing achievement of process objectives with practical considerations
- Flexible personality who easily adapts to the fast-moving business environment