Why would I want this job?
A key member of the Finance team whose primary responsibility is to support the branded business in all accounting related tasks and ensuring smooth business operations through the use of various software solutions. Business partnership, strong communication skills, and working in a fast-paced environment required. SAP expertise is a required.
What would I be doing?
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day accounting functions including but not limit to A/R, AP, Payroll, treasury & Inventory control.
- Responsible for the month end accounting closing of all US legal entities in accordance with IFRS. Review & prepare accounts reconciliations and ensure accounting activities are well supported and documented.
- Manage general ledger accounts to ensure all financial records are posted into our ERP accounting system.
- Manage the annual audit and lead communications with the external auditors.
- Server as a liaison with external tax advisors on the annual tax returns, 1099’s and sales and use tax.
- Establish, maintain, & improve a strong internal accounting control structure.
- Oversee intercompany transactions with group subsidiaries including management services, R&D & royalties.
- Provide support to HR on the evaluation of various fringe benefits for staff including 401K and bi-weekly payroll approvals.
- Monitor cash funds, approve wire transfers, and ensure quarterly Medicaid rebates are paid on timely matter.
- Analysis of Intangibles and Fixed Assets, Annual insurance renewal.
- Ad hoc projects as needed to support strategic decisions as directed by senior management.
What would make me qualified?
Innovation, entrepreneurial attitude, customer orientation, team leadership, adaptability/flexibility, results-oriented, control of budgets/costs, Self-development.
Requirements and Personal Skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/CPA Preferred.
3-4 years of account management experience
SAP expertise or implementation
Pharma experience a plus.
Specific Knowledge: Understanding of applicable compliance requirements including IRS, GAAP & IFRS, supervisory experience, able to think strategically and at the same time to be hands-on, ability to communicate with various levels of management internally and externally, Proficient in MS Excel, Word & Power Point and SAP experience a plus.
Personal Skills: Strong interpersonal and people development skills, strong results-orientation, superior leadership skills, ability to anticipate problems and solve them successfully in a fast-paced environment.