Why would I want this job?
The Manager of Financial Policy will be directly responsible for management of company’s external reporting requirements and accounting policy. As a key member of the Global Consolidations, Financial Policy, and External Reporting team, this role will also be responsible for other ad-hoc requests from senior management as well as various recurring tasks during the quarter close period, such as (as examples), preparation of various schedules and various footnotes/Management discussion and analysis (MD&A) of our periodic SEC filings.
What would I be doing?
As a key member of the Global Consolidations, Financial Policy, and External Reporting team, this role will also be responsible for other ad-hoc requests from senior management as well as various recurring tasks during the quarter close period, such as (as examples), preparation of various schedules and various footnotes/MD&A of our periodic SEC filings.
- Produces and distributes recurring and ad hoc management reports.
- Responsible for financial reporting accuracy; partners with shared services organizations and ensures adequate control environment to mitigate financial and business risks in collaboration with process owners
- Assists in driving the financial close activity via the creation of various reports and analyses
- Assists in the creation of periodic external report filings (e.g., 10-Q’s / 10-K’s) including, but not limited to the complete and accurate creation of various footnotes and MD&A.
- Makes recommendations on opportunities/risks to senior management that need to be addressed to improve results
- Produces reporting efficiently utilizing automation and technology (HFM, Workiva)
- Ad-hoc Reporting/Requests/Projects At Instruction Of Senior Management
- Support execution of various ad hoc requests from senior management to understand, analyze, and depict certain elements.
- Such questions could arise related to capitalized software, acquisitions, stock-based comp, segment reporting, goodwill, accounts receivable, among others.
What would make me qualified?
- BS –Accounting or Finance (or equivalent)
- 5+ Years of experience in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience
- Experience in external reporting and policy (10K/10Q Filings)
- Workiva (formerly Webfilings) experience
- HFM and Smartview experience