Why would I want this job?
As the Accounts Payable Manager, you will play a key role within the Finance group and work with the Finance staff, and report to the Controller.
What would I be doing?
- Oversees a team of two AP employees.
- Ensures Accounts Payable closes timely each month and works with the accounting team to ensure accurate expense coding.
- Coordinates with Finance leadership and other departments on expense coding
- Provide forecasting for operating expense payments.
- Heavily based on email communications regarding invoice inquiries/discrepancies, payment status, accounts reconciliation related to monthly statements, and system access.
- Review and validate invoices for payment.
- Review and validate wire, ACH and check payment proposals for accurate payment details
- Prepare monthly files for rent invoices and payments.
- Provide formal reviews and/or performance improvement plans if needed for direct reports.
- Review the AP reconciliation and maintain an accurate aging.
- Concur Administrator: reviewing all US and Canada employee reimbursements, issuing approved payments weekly, creating onboarding and general training programs for all new hires, ensuring compliance with the company T&E policy, collaborating with FP&A to customize Concur to meet policy and reporting requirements, perform monthly expense admin maintenance.
- Manage the corporate credit card program. Including issuing credit cards to new and existing employees in compliance with company guidelines
- 1099 maintenance and filing.
- Develop and maintain accounts payable processes and procedures to improve department efficiency.
- Maintain Accounts Payable SOX controls procedures.
- Ensure Accounts Payable processes are performed and documented within SOX compliance.
- Other special projects as needed.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Business, or a related field.
- 5-7 years of Accounts Payable/Accounting experience.
- 3 Years in a Supervisor/Management role.
- Previous experience in Concur expense reporting system.
- SAP experience.
- SOX compliance.
- Strong organizational skills: a self-starter who can prioritize and multi-task.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization, including the senior executive team
- Advanced/Expert level in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to think critically and research ad-hoc accounting or operational issues.