Why would I want this job?
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the accurate and efficient processing of accounts payable transactions, ensuring that invoices are reviewed, approved, and paid in a timely manner. The Accounts Payable Specialist will play a critical role in maintaining positive relationships with vendors and supporting the financial operations of our organization.
What would I be doing?
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Review invoices for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with company policies and construction contracts.
• Code invoices with appropriate general ledger accounts and cost centers.
• Ensure timely and accurate entry of invoices into the accounting system.
• Match invoices with purchase orders and receiving documentation to validate and authorize payment.
• Investigate and resolve discrepancies between invoices, purchase orders, and receipts.
• Manage the approval process for invoices by obtaining necessary approvals from department heads and project managers.
• Maintain clear documentation of approval workflows.
• Process payments via checks, electronic transfers, or other methods, ensuring payments are made in accordance with vendor terms and negotiated discounts.
• Schedule and prepare disbursements in an accurate and timely manner.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with vendors, addressing inquiries and resolving payment-related issues.
• Assist in resolving vendor disputes and discrepancies.
• Process employee expense reports, ensuring compliance with company policies.
• Verify receipts and supporting documentation.
• Provide regular reports on accounts payable status, aging, and cash flow projections.
• Assist in analyzing accounts payable data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
• Contribute to monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting.
• Maintain organized and up-to-date files of vendor-related documentation.
• Ensure compliance with document retention policies and practices..
What would make me qualified?
• Experience in accounts payable or a similar financial role in the construction industry
• Familiarity with construction contracts, industry-specific billing practices, and cost coding.
• Proficiency in using accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Understanding of financial regulations and compliance.