Why would I want this job?
Analyst for a fully integrated, broad-based entertainment company and a global leader in the creation, production, distribution, licensing, and marketing of all forms of entertainment and their related businesses.
What would I be doing?
- Consolidation, reporting and analysis (vs prior forecasts/budgets/LRPs and prior year) of by-title program amortization and content profits including participation/residual costs for P&L and Cash Forecasts, Budgets and Long-Range Plans
- Perform ad hoc deal and slate sensitivities to support Senior Management in evaluating strategic business decisions
- Maintain and evaluate Gross-to-Net ROI title profitability models to support FP&A and Senior Management in the greenlighting, production and participation deal-making process
- Creation and analysis of ultimate revenue and ultimate program and participation/residual costs in budgets, forecasts and long-term plans through trending of historical data and knowledge of company and business drivers (i.e. slate and deal information) or overall industry trends
- Responsible for maintaining accrual-based participation models; Coordinate with Business Affairs to create new models, interpret contracts and ensure existing models reflect the latest updates to participant deal terms
- Key liaison between personnel of all levels from teams across company such as Consolidations, Programming, Distribution, Business Affairs, Strategy, IT and Consumer Insights & Analytics
- Coordinate Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and testing of controls
- Responsible for maintenance of the system with IT, including testing, upgrades and enhancements to Hyperion or TM1 systems. Proactively build out new excel tools, IT systems and processes to support the consolidation and analysis of content profits and slate information to optimize internal efficiencies
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years prior work experience in private and/or public accounting, finance, consulting or banking
- MBA or CPA a plus
- Financial database experience a plus (e.g., Oracle Essbase, SAP, Peoplesoft, Hyperion, IBM TM1)
- Previous entertainment industry experience or familiarity with FASB ASC 920 and 926 is a plus
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Excellent written/oral communication and financial presentation skills
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Excellent financial modeling and Excel skills