Why would I want this job?
The Analyst will oversee monthly reporting including actual spend vs. budget, vs. forecast and provide ad-hoc analyses as needed. They will also manage a quarterly worldwide marketing tracker partnering with Global Media, regional Finance & regional Marketing teams to produce a wholistic worldwide marketing spend report by channel and product category.
What would I be doing?
- Manage & distribute monthly spending reports to Central Marketing teams.
- Work with cross functional partners to forecast monthly spend.
- Run monthly program and overhead budget meetings with department VP’s to review actual spend, variances from plan and identify risks.
- Provide financial support to central and regional marketing teams including direction on booking expenses, cross charging local markets, reallocating funds, approved incremental and marketing accounts to be used.
- Manage monthly and year end close with Central Marketing and Accounting.
- Provide Central Marketing accruals for all costs incurred in a given month that have not been invoiced.
- Manage monthly reclasses for all Central Marketing teams supported.
- Provide variance commentary on MTD & YTD actuals vs. budget for Central Marketing business units.
- Over-see quarterly worldwide marketing (Big M) investment tracker.
- Manage regional Big M tracker submissions, coordinate consolidation of media (MSR’s) and non-media trackers.
- Ensure all trackers roll up correctly and tie to latest Big M forecasts.
- Build the Central tracker with all corporate marketing costs and consolidate with regional submissions for total worldwide marketing view by channel and product category.
- Create PowerPoint decks illustrating key findings from marketing trackers and present to Sr. Management.
- Manage ad-hoc reporting for CMO and Central Marketing leads.
- Provide support to Marketing FP&A Manager.
What would make me qualified?
- 4-6 years of finance related experience
- BS degree (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record delivering high quality work
- Comfortable working with senior management
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to maintain presence in both NJ and NYC offices
- Currently holds or is in pursuit of an MBA
- Marketing Finance experience
- Experience with Hyperion Planning
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as SAP Business Objects