Why would I want this job?
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for managing the company’s Accounts Payable (AP) process efficiently and accurately, ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures. They will be primarily working in the Coupa system and be the primary point of contact for vendors, suppliers, and the business when it comes to AP matters.
What would I be doing?
Essential Job Functions
- Receive, review, and process supplier invoices in a appropriate and accurate manner
- Manage and monitor A/P email box to ensure timely processing of invoices and inquiries.
- Ensure all invoices are properly coded, matched and approved for payment.
- Resolve any invoicing, coding or matching issues with the internal owner and/or purchasing team.
- Maintain vendor relationships by researching and resolving any inquiries or discrepancies in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage and verify Concur expense reports and ensure compliance with company policies.
- Plan, prepare and process payments, including checks, ACH transfers, and wire transfers to ensure bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to company policies.
- Input and verify the accuracy of payment details, address issues and maintain data in Coupa Pay system.
- Maintain accurate and organized accounts payable records.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and Coupa best practices.
- Generate reports, including aging reports for month-end close and prepare reconciliations.
- Analyze payables data to identify trends and areas for improvement in utilizing the Coupa system and streamlining Accounts Payable
- Ensure adherence to financial regulations, company policies, and best practices.
- Ensure adequate and continuous controls are executed for all assigned activities.
- Assist with periodic financial audits and provide necessary documentation.
- Assist with 1099 year-end tax reporting.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Proven experience as an Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Expertise in using Coupa and Coupa Pay for accounts payable functions.
- Expertise in using Concur for employee expense processing
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable processes, best practices, and financial regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting software.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and be proactive and flexible with shifting priorities
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Positive attitude about work and providing service.
- Unquestionable ethics and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive data.
- Willingness to learn new tasks and thrive in a challenging environment.
What would make me qualified?
- Associate degree or higher in Accounting or related field (preferred)
- Experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry preferred
- Knowledge of Coupa and Coupa Pay are a must
- Knowledge of Great Plains and Management Reporter accounting software a plus