Why would I want this job?
Great opportuntity for an Assistant Controller with a provider of safe and effective generic pharmaceuticals.
What would I be doing?
- Manage the day-to-day operational accounting responsibilities for the finance and accounting team
- Managing the accounting, financial reporting and financial planning and analysis function
- Day-to-day accounting operations (monthly close, GL activity etc)
- Gross-to-net calculations and adjustments
- Ownership of R&D budget: budgeting, tracking, and analysis of budget to actuals
- Manage accounting team and duties including invoicing, check runs, journal entries and reconciliations, etc
- Leadership of audit and tax processes
- Other duties as assigned
What would make me qualified?
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and application is required
- Attention to detail, ability to self-monitor for quality and to take ownership and pride of work is a must
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) or a similar accounting system is required
- Microsoft Office Suite – strong proficiency is required, especially in Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills, a proven ability to lead teams and be a team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible, able to multi-task and take direction from multiple people and work cross functionally
- College degree in Accounting/Finance required
- 5 years of pharmaceutical financial accounting showing career progression
- Strong financial and analytical skills and a proven track record of professional, academic, and personal achievement
- A strong understanding of GAAP