Why would I want this job?
Our client, a high growth technology company located in New York City is seeking an Assistant Controller for a long-term consulting engagement. The qualified Accountant will be hands on in managing and overseeing the monthly and quarterly close process as well as the sole owner of all revenue recognition functions. ***The role will be hybrid***
What would I be doing?
• Lead the Company’s efforts to stay abreast of all its revenue reporting requirements by maintaining accounting manuals and professional accounting memos as well as focusing on reporting requirements for the company as required by GAAP.
• Own the month and quarter end and overall accounting process.
• Executing on all aspects of accounting operations by maintaining the general ledger, preparing journal entries, cash reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations.Performing flux analyses as part of the close process
• Preparing monthly and quarterly financial statements for internal use
• Assist in field work for interim and annual audits, as well as any other statutory audits that may arise
• Assist with researching and resolving technical accounting issues, including ASC 606 and ASC 842
• Review revenue contracts and document revenue recognition treatment and issues in accordance with ASC 606, and internal revenue policies
• Oversee revenue accounting operations as a key stakeholder in the Order-to-Cash cycle, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of revenue and revenue-related accounts
• Partner with the Financial Planning & Analysis team in forecasting cash, Accounts Receivable, and other AR-related accounts
What would make me qualified?
• 8+ years of relevant experience, with a mix of Big 4 and industry experience preferred
• CPA preferredStrong understanding of GAAP, specifically with ASC 606, and other revenue-related guidelines
• NetSuite and Maxio experience preferred
• Good proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word