Why would I want this job?
Our client a leading supplier & manufacturer of specialty raw materials to the global personal care and cosmetics industry is looking to expand the finance team.
What would I be doing?
As the Assistant Financial Controller, you will be responsible for ensuring proper management of accounting functions/department along with day today accounting and timely financial reporting.
- Financial Controls (Accounting / Tax / Financial reporting / Audit / Treasury)
Day to day management of accounting functions including ensuring all financial reporting and audits are completed in a timely manner; effectively communicating with external resources, such as auditors, banks, customers, and vendors; treasury management; management of all direct and indirect tax matters; compliance oversite; leading CEP and COPQ projects; refreshing SOP’s across the finance and compliance functions.
- Financial Planning & Analysis
Responsible for company as a profit center target accomplishment; financial planning- short and long term, including quarterly/ annual budgets, and MIS; Monitor and control revenue and expenses; budget- outlook and multi-year projection preparation, coordination and control.
- Costing and Commercial Support
Costing and pricing strategies based on products & customers; measure and drive product portfolio profitability and general portfolio, P/L’s; providing commercial and strategic support for operations, supply chain, innovation, and other activities; CAPEX & Project Controlling and analysis and controls.
- Risk Management/Corporate Governance
Assessing risk and taking corrective action to mitigate the risk, safeguarding assets & insurance; Responsible for ERM; dealing with all insurance related matters.
What would make me qualified?
- The ideal candidate would have 5-7 years of experience as a CPA, preferably in manufacturing and distribution.
- The candidate will also have experience with consolidations and financial reporting, a clear understanding of the US GAAP regulations and best practices, and familiarity with Microsoft NAV.
- Bachelor’s degree with a CPA plus 5 to 7 years of experience, preferably in manufacturing and distribution
- Must have good knowledge of US GAAP
- Familiarity with Microsoft NAV
- Experience with consolidations and financial reporting