Why would I want this job?
The Associate Director of Pipeline Forecasting will assist and/or lead projects in support of company’s business development initiatives, specifically developing forecasts and supply plans for pipeline evaluations.
What would I be doing?
The Associate Director of Pipeline Forecasting reports to the Senior Director, FP&A and has one direct report.
Primary responsibilities of this role include the following:
- Analyze data from various sources including IQVia, Symphony, PharmaProjects, etc. to identify market and product trends and new market entrants.
- Prepare forecast data to Finance, Marketing, Sales Operations and Supply Chain to support consensus Financial and Supply Chain forecasts.
- Create product volume and financial forecasts in Excel, for Business Development projects and pipeline and portfolio products, by collaborating with BD and Commercial teams and identifying and understanding relevant inputs for appropriate assumptions.
- Leverage existing market and competitor insights to inform forecasts and collaborate on forecasting activities.
- Lead cross-functional teams to determine forecast model designs, formulate key assumptions and align with business partners.
6 .Monitor company and market sales, analyzing relevant data sources to explain variances
- Ensure relevant relevant distribution and rebate agreement impacts are incorporated into forecasts and plans.
- Uses quantitative analytics to inform tactical and strategic decisions
- Identifies forecasting and marketing research needs, develops plans and provides input into business development, business planning and budgeting processes
- Anticipates and evaluates information needs of internal partner, assisting in other ad hoc data and information requests as needed
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelors Degree required, Master’s preferred
- 7+ years pharmaceutical industry experience; 3+ years pipeline and brand forecasting experience
- Strong data modeling and financial analytics experience in Excel
- Experience with pharmaceuticals data sources and tools, particularly IQVia
- Strong critical thinking and strategic skills with ability to challenge conventional approaches and offer alternative solutions
- Ability to work well independently and under pressure