Why would I want this job?
This position interacts directly with the Business Control Function Leadership Team, including the Executive Director, to oversee that all key deliverables are met, ad hoc analysis regarding trends and leading risk indicators are prepared, and to ensure that the Audit Committee Presentations are prepared accurately and timely. The individual selected for this position will serve as a key business partner to the entire Business Control Function network.
What would I be doing?
Duties & Responsibilities
Governance & Stakeholder Engagement
- Directly engage in the preparation of reporting materials to executive management. Confirm the accuracy and completeness of information in the Wdesk tool to ensure that the data in the Audit Committee Presentations are accurate. This information is visible to key management including the SVP, Corporate Controller.
- Facilitate the critical quarterly representation letter process. Engage with the regional BCFs on a quarterly basis to confirm any changes to latest representation letter signer list. Ensure that all of the representations are created and sent to the key finance directors and general managers on a quarterly basis. Also, align with the Consolidations and Financial Report (CFR) group on any exceptions.
- Interact with the BCF Network to provide guidance and key support for the Wdesk tool.
- Helps coordinate and deliver training and presentations to the BCF network, including the quarterly Collaboration Forum, helping ensure the entire department remains abreast of key developments and BCF initiatives.
Sarbanes-Oxley & Quarterly Section 302 Sub-certification Activities
- Accurately prepare the quarterly Summary of Deficiencies (SAD) which is provided to the BCF, Finance Business Partners, GIA and External Audit.
- Identifies and follows-up with other BCF members on any aging deficiencies (including those that are also internal audit observations) to facilitate timely closing within Audit Committee reporting deadlines.
Internal Audit Facilitation
- Initiate GIA observations and action items in the Wdesk Tool. Work with the Regional BCF to ensure that key fields are updated properly and any corresponding audit findings that are also SOX deficiencies get recorded.
- Provide key reports to GIA and external audit that provide insight into the quarterly observation/action item activity.
- Review the Audit Committee Presentations to ensure that the content is accurate.
- Manage the administration of the Wdesk tool and SharePoint sites to provision access to the BCF, Business Partners, SOX Testers, SOX Reviewers and Representation Letter Signers.
- Schedule key BCF meetings for the year.
- Maintain key mail groups for ongoing communication.
- Participate in special projects to enhance knowledge of the BCF.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent required.
- 4 years minimum total professional experience in accounting, audit. Big 4 public accounting / consulting or similar experience a plus.
- Understanding of US GAAP and internal controls preferred.
- Experience in financial analysis and data analytics desirable.
- Previous Finance department experience a plus (e.g., financial analysis, close responsibilities, financial system implementations, etc.).
- Ability to deal with time-sensitive deadlines and preparation of information with an incredible attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities, while working independently with speed and accountability.
- Business partner attitude and ability to collaborate with different functions.
- Ability to work with a range of technically and culturally diverse people.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience at multiple levels within the BCF.
- Ability to establish formal relationships across functions and multiple levels of management to drive performance and improve processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication to facilitate relationship building with peers and to aid in analyses presented to senior management.
- Opportunity to gain an understanding of Internal Controls, SOX Deficiencies and GIA observations, which are reported to the Audit Committee.
- Opportunity to learn about the Management Representation Letter Process and work closely with the CFR Team to discuss exceptions.
- Visibility into all of the key risks that the BCF is helping the Company manage, as a contributor to the overall company enterprise risk management program.
- Opportunity to be part of a professional and high performing team that is continually evolving,
- Develop the ability to impact and influence within the Company to deliver superior business results and protect shareholders.
- Opportunity as a member of the BCF to contribute to the long-term strategy and growth of the department.
- Opportunity to get involved with different BCF risk management projects and initiatives to broaden and diversify experience.