Why would I want this job?
Our client a Telecom Construction company seeks a Controller. Working alongside established industry professionals and reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller guides the finance department in delivering reporting and data utilized in day-to-day operations and strategic decision making. The company is in growth mode and looking to recruit a finance and accounting professional interested in helping to facilitate the strategic growth initiatives of the business, in order to meet the company’s goals.
What would I be doing?
• Drive an 8-day month-end close cycle utilizing robust technology systems
• Responsible for the monthly and annual financial reporting of the business
• Monthly financial statement variance analysis of multi-entity organization
• Cash flow management and forecasting
• Direct & Indirect management of a 10 person accounting, finance and payroll team
• Facilitate the financial reporting integration of acquisitions
• Implement process improvements / technology to improve department’s efficiency and ability to support operations
• Manage the annual audit preparation and engagement
• Oversee work with internal and external partners on tax compliance
• Treasury activities such as daily cash reporting, domestic wire transfers, and user administration
• Assist FP&A with the annual budget process and analytics reporting
• Thorough understanding of GAAP and percentage of completion accounting
• Maintain financial policies and procedures to ensure internal controls are in place
What would make me qualified?
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance; MBA highly preferred
• 6-plus years experience in a leadership role
• Experience in the Construction industry or Telecom Services Industry strongly preferred
• Large private companies ($200M+) or public company experience is preferred
• M&A experience a plus
Key Competencies for Success:
• A passion for using data to drive better decision making
• Ability to build relationships within the organization and foster collaboration to meet strategic goals
• Highest standards of accuracy and consistency; highly organized
• Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Driven and self-motivated with regards to driving results and implementing new processes
• Willing to roll up your sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
• Strong quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, experience with Sage Intacct a plus