Why would I want this job?
Our client is a fast-moving, dynamic company dedicated to delivering integrated solutions for more freshness and quality, every step of the way from field to market. Collaborating closely with our customers, we continually research and develop unparalleled solutions that benefit the entire supply chain, and improve the quality of life for all.
Reports to: Corporate Controller
What would I be doing?
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial and business operations for the monthly accounting close process and internal control environment
• Coordinate the monthly close schedule, manage the close process within the designated timeframe, increase efficiencies and provide in-depth analysis
• Assist team members with preparation and tie-out of SEC financial statements
• Review consolidated financial statements and account reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner
• Develop, assign and review monthly account analysis prepared by direct reports and/or other accounting team members
• Provide leadership in strengthening internal communication with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment
• Manage central accounting processes for inventory, capital assets, and intercompany settlements, manage U.S. accounting for revenue and related areas
• Manage internal and external auditors as lead liaison, including responding to auditor questions, keeping SOX support documentation updated, and providing requested audit support
• Update, develop and implement controls to comply with SOX requirements
• Assist IT with managing financial system access and performing risk assessment for access conflicts
• Prepare technical accounting memos and assist with technical accounting treatment for new standards and topic areas
• Partner with management and staff on business and financial matters as required and/or needed providing direction, training, and information
• Assist Corporate Controller with any other special projects as needed
• Supervises Senior Corporate Accountant
What would make me qualified?
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or MBA; CPA required
• Mix of public and private experience; large public accounting combined with private industry experience (especially in a public company environment) a plus
• Six to eight years of experience; knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and SEC reporting
• Exposure to international operations and knowledge of foreign currency translation a significant plus
• Strong working knowledge and experience with SOX/internal controls
• Experience working with SAP/BPC preferred; experience working with Blackline a plus
• Strong problem solving & analytical skills
• Self-starter with solid organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities or reprioritization of projects
• High attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment
• Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills