Why would I want this job?
Our client is seeking a Corporate Controller who is experienced in leading corporate accounting, control and enablement of global accounting operations to support business and growth in a multi-national global commercial enterprise.
This position reports directly to the CFO and will be responsible for managing and overseeing all facets of corporate accounting operations, including the monthly quarterly and annual financial close cycles, timely financial reporting, financial systems and data integrity, regulatory and statutory compliance, and policy development. The corporate controller will be a proactive advocate of business to help lead and strengthen business processes throughout the company to drive operational efficiency and help deliver financial performance. The corporate controller will be able to advise the Senior Leadership Team on the implications of accounting issues/regulations on business strategies, M&A, and other events, including any impacts on financial reporting and results.
This leadership role collaborates closely with FP&A, Treasury, Tax, and IT, overseas the regional accounting operations in EMEA, LATAM and APAC, and works across the organization to support business, including, Commercial, R&D, and Operations.
What would I be doing?
- Plan, control and direct the organization’s corporate accounting and finance activities to ensure a strong financial operation and condition and compliance with Generally
- Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Regulations, statutory guidelines and internal financial policies and procedures
- Manage and deliver all financial reporting aspects of the Company and ensure timely and quality financial closes (monthly, quarterly, and annually) in compliance of US GAAP and appropriate regulatory requirements
- Oversee the establishment and maintenance of global accounting policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP and other statuary reporting requirements including monitoring the impact of changes on the business and external regulations
- Analyze financial statements and work with management to understand financial performance, trends, and recent developments
- Collaborate with IT to improve financial systems and business processes including record to report, procure to pay, and order to cash, with a focus on automation, data readiness and integrity, data analytics capabilities, and commercial enablement
- Provide financial guidance on technical accounting, accounting treatment of business development arrangement and M&A, and financial reporting issues
- Oversee the design and evaluation of the operating effectiveness of the Company’s internal controls over financial reporting and disclosures, including compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Manage relationship with external auditors and oversee execution of the financial statement audit
- Primarily responsible for presenting quarterly and annual financial information and the status of all significant accounting and reporting related issues and initiatives to the Audit Committee
- Help oversee tax compliance and accounting requirements, including income, real and personal property, franchise, value-added taxes, and sales and use taxes
- Responsible for coordinating the financial due diligence and purchase accounting for M&A and post-acquisition integrations of accounting and related functions
- Experience in managing global financial consolidation and international statutory compliance (accounting and tax) in multiple overseas legal entities outside the US
- Coach and develop staff for professional development and ensure that the accounting function maintains the technical competency
- Collaborate and operate across company-wide functions to support both short- and long-term business objectives
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree and/or advance degrees in accounting or finance or other relevant disciplines; CPA (equivalent chartered accountant accreditation) required; MBA a plus
- Minimum of 18 years of financial and accounting management experience including oversight responsibilities for accounting operations in international subsidiaries
- Demonstrated knowledge of international consolidations, revenue recognition, inventory,
- costing, manufacturing cost accounting, tax accounting, and purchase accounting
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of SEC regulations & reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- M&A due diligence and integration experience
- Functional finance experience in addition to controllership preferred
- Strong working knowledge of SAP, BPC, Power BI, Hyperion and associated financial
- reporting systems preferred
- Experience with ERP implementation and acquisition integration preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Power Point presentation