Why would I want this job?
We’re seeking an experienced Controller to oversee the financial accounting team. The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, you will make it your mission to streamline our financial accounting and reporting processes. You will produce thorough financial-status reports for senior management to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
What would I be doing?
Objectives of this Role
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting the financial performance of the company.
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines.
- Achieve budgeted goals with proper reporting, analysis, and corrective action.
- Manage spending and capitalization policies for the company.
- Coordinate and support the annual financial audit in partnership with the external audit team.
- Work with FP&A team to support analysis and presentations to monthly board of directors meetings.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loan agreements and government contracts.
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures.
- In conjunction with the CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a monthly and annual basis.
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all areas of the business.
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows.
- Oversee accuracy of all accounts payable daily transactions and review and approve month end accruals, reconcile any open inventory receiving to assure accuracy.
- Reconcile bank statements and related lock box payments and daily sweeps.
- Oversee all Treasury activities, manage cash flow, and optimize the operating lines of credit.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable team to assure accuracy of month end trade spend postings and accruals.
- Review all Inventory reports, ensure proper production recording and provide cost of goods analysis.
- Perform deep review of monthly balance sheet accounts.
- Complete and track all capital expenditures and record in system for accurate depreciation expense recording.
- Complete and track all trademarks and intangibles for accurate amortization expense recording.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reporting and timely submission of required financial information to the Company and assist the CFO with any financial data requirements for the monthly financial data for board meetings.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
- 7+ years proven accounting leadership experience.
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment required, CPG, including food and beverage a plus.
- Professional accounting certification, CPA a Plus.
- Working knowledge of tax law and regulatory standards (GAAP).