Why would I want this job?
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for setting up and maintenance of accurate cost information, reconciliation of standard costs to actual costs, maintenance of perpetual inventory system, participating in the month end close and budgeting process, and assisting the Corporate Controller with day-to-day operations and reporting requirements. This position will be responsible for developing/maintaining an effective cost accounting system to reduce cost and improve overall profitability.
What would I be doing?
- Process Cost accounting – responsible for the accurate reporting of Cost of Goods Manufactured and Sold using Great Plains and Vicinity.
- Performs regular cycle counts to correct inventory misstatements.
- Monthly reconciliation and updating of standard costs to actual costs
- Maintenance of a perpetual inventory system within Vicinity.
- Monthly closing process – schedule and coordinate with outside departments and within the department to meet the close. This includes planning and leading monthly and quarterly inventory, preparing journal entries, posting, balancing and reconciling subsidiary ledgers.
- Actively participate in the annual budgeting process by providing updated cost information across different product lines.
- Coordination with finance department and internal/external auditors
- Reconciliation of inventory balances.
- Provide accurate and timely financial information including actual product costs and standard costs for new products.
- Analyze complex manufacturing processes in coordination with Director, Manufacturing to improve decision making.
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of accounting system.
- Any other duties as assigned.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5 years of cost accounting experience in the manufacturing business
- 2 years management or supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of cost accounting principles, systems and procedures
- Ability to Work under minimal supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Examine and verify financial documents
- Demonstrate good work paper and analytical techniques
- Communicate financial information with department managers.
- Exercise independent judgment within established systems and procedures
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency with computer hardware and software necessary to perform duties (Great Plains, Vicinity, Excel)