Why would I want this job?
Our client is looking for a Strong Credit and Collection Analyst. This position will be reporting to AP and AR manager. A key member of the credit team, the position requires a self-motivated, enthusiastic, positive minded individual with strong credit knowledge, who can identify and complete work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
What would I be doing?
• Assess the creditworthiness of current and prospective clients.
• Determine the level of risk involved in lending to each client.
• Calculate financial ratios to assess the financial health of prospective clients
• Calculate trend and cash flow analysis to evaluate the current financial status and create projections!
• Making decisions to place customers on credit hold and release them based on resolution of the item
• Evaluate a client’s financial statements and credit reports to determine their ability to honor debt obligations.
• Assisting customers with inquiries
• Acting as a liaison between internal and external customers to troubleshoot and resolve issues that may cause deductions and or delays in payments
• Reconciling customer account as needed
• Processing adjustments for write-offs for approval upon research
• Research and account reconciliations for portfolio of accounts
• Assisting in acquisition activities related to AR as needed.
• Acting as a liaison between customer and deductions and internal department on dispute resolution
• Forecast cash collection and report to management on AR status.
• Continuous improvement on DSO
Reporting and Others
• Evaluating customers using accounts receivable information for daily and monthly reports to management
• Assisting in external and SOX audit support as needed
• Prepare bad debt analysis, perform tests for reserve sufficiency
What would make me qualified?
• 5+ years of credit management experience
• Minimum bachelor’s in accounting required. Good to have Credit certification.
• Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills including root cause analysis.
• Prior experience in collections
• Experience with accounting ERP systems, JDE is a plus.
• Demonstrate aptitude to effectively handle team and interpersonal situations.
• Working knowledge of Excel and Word programs including basic formulas and functions
• Strong communication skills both written & verbal.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Use of common sense, pragmatic thinking and possesses necessary analytical skills for problem solving