Why would I want this job?
Responsible for the handling and processing of receivables and all credit related issues including conducting credit investigations, collection of delinquent accounts and order reviews.
What would I be doing?
- Maintain AR Aging results within established corporate objectives and goals. Works closely with sales representatives and customer service Departments to facilitate efficient collections.
- Performs a wide variety of duties to direct, control, and coordinate Order to Cash, Credit and Collection functions with general oversight and company receivables, plus working knowledge of sales tax assessment.
- Participates in cross functional teams across Sales Dept’s, Customer Service Dept’s, Accounting, and Logistics to ensure proper receivable management & accurate payment applications.
- Calculate and analyze cash projections each month.
- Work within cross functional discrepancy resolution teams to help reconcile individual customer accounts.
- Periodically review credit for each customer from various sources, including historical reviews, credit agencies, banks, and sales.
- Set credit limits utilizing financial statements, payment history, business, and economic data, along with maintaining account files.
- Manage A/R portfolio risk, establishing and maintaining contacts for legal and collection agency support as well as preparation of the assignment to collection agency, or write-off application.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of the Credit and Collection Laws, Bankruptcy, Fair Debt and Antitrust Laws.
- Reviews and generates various reports affecting order processing, shipping, credit holds, fill rates, back orders, etc.
What would make me qualified?
- 4 Year College Degree
Training / Experience:
- 8 + years collection experience with at least 3 years in a supervisory role, preferably within a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Experience in working across cross-functional teams.
- Good working knowledge of EDI, Sales Tax, Resales Certificates, and various credit card processing software.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be organized, analytical and detail oriented.
- Must be familiar with general accounting procedures and should be able to interpret D&B Reports and Financial Statements.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with staff and clientele.
- Must be computer proficient, including the use of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains preferable.
- In office 5 days
- Possible light travel