Why would I want this job?
Responsible for direct tax compliance, maintaining business and tax licenses, compiling tax schedules for outside accounting firms, and managing tax audits. Provide guidance internally and externally to ensure compliance.
What would I be doing?
• Performs direct tax research for federal and state tax laws.
• Prepare tax schedules for preparation of tax reporting and returns.
• Liaison between Sika and subsidiaries and the outside provider for various tax studies and schedules.
• Manage tax compliance for all Sika companies in the US.
• Accumulates, reviews, and compiles data need to liaison with the outside accounting firm for tax filings.
• Approve estimates and payments of taxes.
• Approve returns with the outside accounting firm.
• Renew tax licenses, annual reports, and business filings.
• Review tax notices for income, franchise, CAT, payroll, and other taxes.
• Responsible for managing tax audits and meeting the audit requirements including planning, responding to information requests, and addressing all audit findings.
• Conducts self-audits for multiple divisions and Nexus to ensure compliance with tax laws.
• Lead tax projects as needed to ensure tax compliance.
What would make me qualified?
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or Tax,
• Proficiency in SAP or other large ERP system.
• 3 to 5 years of Direct Tax experience
• Expert understanding of US tax regulations and compliance requirements for Direct taxes
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Excel
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, analytical and quantitative abilities