Why would I want this job?
The Director, Commercial Finance works with the cross functional teams of Market Access, Revenue Cycle Management, Accounting, Finance and Commercial Sales to help generate, develop and analyze key reports and data that provide useful business insights to help prevent revenue leakage and identify revenue opportunities within the overall process.
What would I be doing?
- Play a key role in providing the commercial leadership with financial input and support. Will be required to deliver valuable commercial insights from a finance perspective so that the leadership team can make informed business decisions.
- Advise on financial implications of management decisions as well as establish the financial soundness of proposed business ventures within the commercial organization as it relates to strategic initiatives (ie. Impact of payor contract changes / test mix shifts).
- Using existing data and working with the business to drive key management information and key performance indicators to be utilized during Monthly Business Reviews / Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Serve as a subject matter specialist on revenue recognition as it relates to reviewing revenue contracts and ensuring appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with ASC 606.
- Lead, develop and motivate a small team of Commercial Finance Analysts.
- Ensure appropriate and optimally efficient policies, procedures and controls are maintained and regularly reviewed, making improvements as necessary.
- Help manage the preparation for financial audits by ensuring procedural compliance in revenue reporting and collection.
- Lead the month-end, quarter-end and year-end calculation of revenue ensuring appropriate recognition in accordance with ASC 606.
- Presenting revenue cycle reports and forecasts, as well as identifying opportunities to increase revenue.
- Preparing Ad Hoc data requests / reports to help support the functional leaders of RCM, Market Access, Commercial Operations, Accounting and Finance.
- Supports the delivery of budgeted ASP results monthly, quarterly, and yearly
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or statistics.
- Certified public accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Minimum of 10 – 15 years relevant experience that provides exposure to fundamental theories, principles, and concepts.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience in a management role.
- Strong comprehension of ASC 606 required.
- Understanding of healthcare reimbursement and billing preferred.
- Previous experience supporting specialty diagnostics, genomics within a clinical laboratory or pharma/biotech a plus.
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, SAP Business One, NetSuite and Xifin a plus,
- Ability to identify and solve operational issues using data.