Why would I want this job?
The Director, FP&A works in partnership with the Vice President of FP&A to develop and support the vision, process and guidelines for financial budgets and forecasting and planning, based upon organizational strategic plans and initiatives. The Director, FP&A works with he Finance Team and is responsible for the creation of budgets, forecasts, and projections to maximize profit from the development and execution of brand plans and in-market execution in support of the company 2030 strategy.
What would I be doing?
- Provide executive leadership with key financial and strategic insights to supporting enterprise decision making
- Participate in financial planning activities to develop strategic plans, budget and forecasts and provide clear monitoring
- Carry out special financial or planning projects of varying nature and complexity, including new business integration
- Oversee transversal initiatives to develop brand financial budgets, latest estimates, and strategic plans for E-Retail, B2B, Private Clients and Center of Excellence
- Communicate and interact with MH global finance teams regarding global financial performance
- Track and analyze central investments and spend and maintain all agreed spending adjustments projections
- Work with FP&A Manager, COE, Brand Groups, Regions, and management to monitor global performance
- Ensure optimal process for budgeting and reporting by providing vision, process and guidelines aligned with strategic initiatives
- Conduct monthly/quarterly P&L and depletion and profit analysis for USA and North America
- Ensure timely reporting of established management information (dashboard, sales / develop/ inv, commentaries)
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting in the system in coordination with accounting
- Participate to monitoring of cashflow / Capex budgets and performance
- Effectively use business systems tools for budgeting, reporting, tracking and analysis
- Participate to Closing process for accruals and reversals, inventory reconciliation and auditors’ questions
- Partner with finance teams and Global teams to develop financial analysis and results
- Oversee decision support analysis for brands and stakeholders
- Communicate extraordinary risks and opportunities to senior management/parent Company
- Partner with COE, Regional Finance, Operations, Accounting and Business Development to activate mission critical
- continuous improvement initiatives.
- Oversee recruitment, performance management, training, and development of team.
- Provide ongoing coaching of team, focusing not only one improving technical skills but also leadership capabilities.
- Ensure effective communication and alignment of individual, department & Company goals
- Be a leader across the organization
- Inform and engage Business Group and Marketing Community on understanding and correcting issues which are key critical to budget delivery.
What would make me qualified?
- 10+ years of relevant financial experience with forecasting process, cash flow accuracy and financial analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required
- Pursuing MBA or master’s degree preferred
- Strong people leader with a proven track record of developing talent in a dynamic and diverse work environment
- Extensive experience with forecasting process – forecasting, cash flow accuracy and financial analysis
- Strong working knowledge of a variety of financial software systems and tools
- Highly organized with the ability to work autonomously as needed
- Regularly act as business partner by providing commercial solutions
- Ability to set and adjust priorities with agility as needed
- Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; must be able to work with all levels of the organization