Why would I want this job?
Our client is looking for highly qualified, self-motivated Director of FP&A as a key member of the finance organization. The Director of FP&A will report to the CFO. The successful candidate is a critical team player in the overall success of the finance team.
What would I be doing?
- Lead and support all aspects of financial planning & analysis for supply chain finance process
- Individual will be a key partner to the supply chain leadership and their team to provide strategic financial support, provide insight and advise on appropriate decision and accounting impacts
- Oversee various corporate accounting functions necessary to achieve an accurate and timely monthly and quarterly close including but not limited to gross-to-net accounting, inventory, supply chain, etc.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly financial close process including reviewing, analyzing and consolidating results
- Work with third party vendors and commercial partners on revenue related items including disputes and adjustments
- Coordinate with various internal and external groups for issues that are identified and resolve those issues in a timely manner
- Perform complex gross-to-net and inventory account analysis and reconciliations
- Develop and implement process improvement by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
- Maintain internal control environment to the highest standards of compliance and integrity
- Team with monthly/quarterly reporting and period-end close including journal entries and analytics package for senior management and external auditors
- Ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field. Master’s Degree, a plus
- CPA and/or CFA, a plus
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive experience
- Experience within biotech or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of GAAP and key accounting principles
- Strong leadership and influence skills including the ability to work with executive leadership and managers at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong project management, interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Ability to build relationships, both within the organization and external and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills with an ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Firm understanding of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and application of controls across an organization
- Working knowledge of SAP business one or similar system helpful