Why would I want this job?
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced accounting professional to play a critical role in the success of company’s global accounting organization. Reporting to the Exec. Director, Financial Reporting, Technical Accounting & Internal Controls, this newly created role manages compliance of the revenue recognition process within US GAAP and company standards. This is a critical role that will work closely with sales, operations, legal, and finance to provide technical revenue recognition input and expertise on optimal deal structuring and revenue modeling. Responsible for complying with Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 requirements as related to revenue recognition.
What would I be doing?
- Responsible for SOX 404 compliance including:
- Internal control design and documentation for global revenue recognition processes
- Walkthroughs and testing of controls by both external auditors and our internal audit firm, including preparation of support for all requests.
- Maintain and ensure ongoing compliance with accounting policies, procedures & SOX Controls.
- Ensuring compliance with revenue recognition policies, procedures and reporting in conformity with current FASB and SEC guidance
- Managing activities related to revenue recognition, including assurance of accurate and timely results in cooperation with regional and general accounting functions.
- Prepare or Review revenue related journal entries and support, balance sheet reconciliations and performing flux analysis as part of monthly/ quarterly close activities.
- Providing advice and assistance to business partners with questions related to the accounting for customer contracts
- Provide support for independent auditors in their quarterly reviews and annual audits, including preparation of support for audit requests.
- Summarizing impacts of new accounting pronouncements and implementing as necessary
- Supporting the Company’s Corporate Financial Reporting group by preparing and reviewing quarterly and annual financial statement disclosures under US GAAP
- Review gross-to-net accounting estimates/accruals, including applying appropriate methodologies and calculations on gross-to-net inputs ensuring compliance with accounting standards (GAAP) and controls.
- Monitor accrual assumptions underlying the GTN revenue accounting for monthly and quarterly revenue in coordination.
- Providing ad hoc reporting, analysis, or assistance in other projects as needed as part of the larger corporate accounting organization
- Perform technical accounting research as needed and prepare memos documenting conclusions and proper accounting treatment. Interact with external auditors with respect to accounting conclusions reached
- Other duties as assigned.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with an active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of relevant accounting experience covering revenue accounting and technical accounting
- 3+ years of direct experience with ASC 606 associated with revenue from contracts with customers. Relevant activities include documenting accounting conclusions on new or modified customer contracts (such as through accounting position papers); completion of revenue analysis and commentary formulation such as that provided to executive leadership for decision-making purposes; and/or financial statement disclosure preparation and reviews
- Big 4 audit experience required- minimum 3 years
- Experience in a similar role in a publicly traded, multinational company with international operations.
- Experience with Gross-to-net accounting
- Expert operational knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Experience in public company accounting and reporting such as through an audit/ assurance role within a large public accounting firm such as the Big 4
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple functional units and levels within the organization
- Strong financial and analytical skills including substantial experience with valuation, accounting principles and financial statement analysis
- Strong organizational skills enabling simultaneous management of multiple projects
- Highly motivated, results-oriented with ability to take initiative in a diverse organization
- Sound judgement and business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage a team of professionals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills