Why would I want this job?
This role requires a high-caliber individual with extensive accounting, auditing, and SOX experience in companies of similar size and complexity. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and project management skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to influence decision making at a senior level.
What would I be doing?
- Contribute to the design and implementation of agile internal audit processes, methodology, and ongoing process improvements
- Lead SOX audits across global companies
- Drive the timely execution of audit engagements from planning through reporting
- Update the audit schedule and manage resources as necessary based on changes in priority or senior leadership requests
- Establish the scope, objectives, and approach to audits applying a risk-based methodology that achieves timely results and high-quality audit deliverables
- Educate business stakeholders on control expectations and best practices for quality-driven and sustainable SOX results for a public company
- Collaborate with the business to drive actions that are pragmatic and achievable
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team and with business stakeholders
- Participate in internal audits projects in various capacities from leading and conducting SOX audits to supporting and guiding audit teams on SOX engagements
- Review key internal audit workpapers, including planning documents, control testing, and audit reports, to ensure clear identification of risks and issues
- Critically evaluate audit issues identified including assessment of the issue/root cause and financial statement impact
- Communicate audit findings timely and collaborate with process owners to develop creative, yet practical, recommendations to remediate control deficiencies
- Manage the follow-up and reporting of internal audit findings until deficiencies are remediated
- Liaise with business and finance leadership and communicate status of key projects and initiatives, and audit results
- Identify themes, trends, and emerging risks for escalation and communication to senior leadership
- Manage internal audit staff development, training, and career planning
- Be a change agent to lead and effect desired change throughout the organization
- Oversee and lead special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Vice President, Internal Audit
What would make me qualified?
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 9+ years of overall experience in some combination of in Big 4 public accounting and/or internal audit
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing and developing teams
- Experience with SAP S/4 HANA, HFM, Oracle Financials, and SharePoint software
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or other relevant designation
- Demonstrate a proficient understanding of US GAAP, COSO framework, Sarbanes-Oxley, IIA PPF, and leading business practices
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, verbal, written, and presentation, with the ability to communicate effectively within various levels of the company and senior level management
- Display a strong technical skillset regarding internal control topics, including business process controls, IT automated controls and key reports
- Exhibit strong project management and organization skills, including the ability to lead the team, multi-task and prioritize various workstreams simultaneously Deliver exceptional customer service, including the ability to manage differing perspectives and influence positive outcomes
- Display strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Demonstrate attention to detail, strong organizational skills, tolerance for uncertainty, and ability to be agile and adaptable
- Exhibit the ability to thrive in a creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and resources effectively
- Prove your ability to manage teams in a matrixed reporting environment, shifting between the role of an individual contributor, project manager, and thought leader
- Translate short-term and long-term department goals into team and individual performance goals.
- Show your ability to influence, lead and motivate team members
- Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism
- Travel domestically and internationally if required