Why would I want this job?
Reports to the Assistant Controller and is responsible for total Company Book close and Consolidation Process for a multinational company.
What would I be doing?
- Manages staff of employees responsible for journal entry input, account reconciliation and translation/consolidation of Income Statement and Balance Sheet.
- Interfaces with the Controller, Assistant Controller, International Controllers, Accounting Process Owners, Tax and Financial Book close systems to ensure smooth and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual close of the Ledger.
- Direct interface with External Reporting and Internal Audit teams for reviews and substantive audits of quarterly and annual Financial Statements.
- Also includes review of Sox Control performance as needed.
What would make me qualified?
- Degree in Accounting with 10+ years’ experience, including General Accounting and Book close experience in a multi-national company with multiple functional currencies.
- Prior hands-on experience in preparing, reviewing, and approving journal entries and account reconciliations within Blackline a plus.
- Able to communicate with Senior finance management, work complex accounting issues with direction from technical accounting experts and manage non-local accounting teams under tight deadlines with multiple priorities.
- Experience interfacing with External Reporting team and Tax organization in providing necessary data for release of external financials and tax filings.
- Working knowledge of SAP, Blackline, and Hyperion HFM as well as prior experience with benefits accounting, lease accounting under ASC 842 and intercompany accounting a plus.