Why would I want this job?
Manufacturer that specializes in the design, development and distribution of extrusion and converting technology seeks a Director of Corporate Accounting and External Reporting.
What would I be doing?
- Direct the general ledger, financial close, consolidation and financial statement generation processes for the entity worldwide
- Lead corporate accounting team to produce complete and accurate general ledger Accounting and GAAP financial statements
- Lead the preparation of financial reports including the monthly internal financial statements, as well as the quarterly reporting packages to be filed with bank filings
- Lead accounting team toward continued process and internal control automation and enhancements
- Lead acquisition integration team from general ledger mapping and closing the books perspective
- Actively participate in monthly financial statement closing process
- Assist with financial analysis and formulation of recommendations to achieve department objectives
- Seek and recommend potential opportunities for cost containment and analyze variances from budget, plan, or anticipated trends
- Assist in planning and executing the annual external audit.
- Responsible for global accounting policies and procedures for company
- Assist in key project initiatives within the company by overseeing project teams, assignment of responsibilities and facilitation of regular meetings for timely goal attainment.
- Effectively manage an assigned staff in a manner consistent with organizational policies and values
- Promote and support the participation of staff in applying the principle/model of continuous improvement to improve existing processes and enhance the effective utilization of personnel and material resources
What would make me qualified?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or Finance with an Accounting emphasis or work experience
- Certified Public Accountant experience
- Minimum 8 plus years of experience in finance and Accounting with a minimum 3 years of experience at a public Accounting firm
- Inside public or private company corporate Accounting experience with heavy close and consolidation experience in a complex environment (multi-national corporation experience is strongly preferred)
- ERP System experience is required as related to the general ledger, close, and consolidation
- Experience with implementing consolidation systems will be beneficial as we are embarking on implementing a new consolidation software at company
- Knowledge of GAAP, SEC regulations and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Experience with GAAP and financial statement analysis.
- Experience presenting in meetings, including preparation of agendas, documenting meeting minutes, sending out documents to attendees.
- Experience communicating verbally (phone, one-on-one) and in writing (email, letters, reports, other correspondence) to varying external and internal contacts
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, evaluating and training staff.
- Must be team oriented with ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams.