Why would I want this job?
Great Fully Remote oppportunity! The Director of Technical Accounting will lead all aspects of corporate technical accounting. This is a critical Finance leadership role that will interface across various teams and senior levels of the company, as well as external auditors. You will provide leadership and technical guidance of accounting policy development and financial reporting.
What would I be doing?
- Prepare consolidated monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting packages that include the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, and Statement of Stockholders’ Equity, along with relevant disclosures when required.
- Prepare the annual external financial statements including note disclosures for the annual audit.
- Research new and existing accounting standards and provide interpretation and impact analysis on their potential effect on the business and/or existing financing including debt covenants. Ensure clear and concise written documentation of accounting conclusions.
- Develop accounting policies to ensure compliance with company policies, GAAP, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and other regulatory requirements.
- Maintain ownership of debt covenant and external reporting. Analyze current and future financial position and highlight risks to debt covenant requirements.
- Provide strategic leadership of short and long-term technical accounting goals that are aligned with the Company’s strategic vision.
- Introduce thoughtful accounting techniques as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure.
- Direct process improvement initiatives.
- Provide oversight of subjective reserves and accruals.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 15+ years combined experience in a public accounting firm and/or public company or large privately held organization
- CPA license (active) required, Big 4 experience at Manager level or above strongly preferred
- Fashion/Apparel and/or E-commerce experience strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the new Revenue and Leasing standards