Why would I want this job?
The treasury function reports directly to CFO. The successful candidate will be hands-on and help build the team to extend the scope of the treasury function. This role will also play an integral part working with fellow leaders in the organization in designing and implementing strategies to support growth and existing operations. As the company is a private equity sponsored leveraged portfolio company, efficient management of the company’s global liquidity (cash, A/R, A/P and debt) is a critical and top priority responsibility
What would I be doing?
- Work with senior management to define and document liquidity and capital management policies and procedures to support business strategy efficiently
- Focus on liquidity risk management to ensure proper review, safeguards, and access to funding from both internal and external sources
- Direct the management of bank accounts, cash, investment portfolios, and global daily liquidity Liaise with the company bankers and ratings agencies to handle existing debt and credit lines, as well as any new issuances and re-financings in coordination with the private equity sponsor.
- Lead initiatives to further automate and scale Treasury processes across and existing decentralized corporate structure and Executive Team level management dashboards Short-term and long-term cash flow forecasting to aid in liquidity positioning and capital structure decisions. Accuracy in the rolling 13 week liquidity forecasting process is key, along with the implementation of ‘action steps’ (leading/lagging of I/C, I/C loans, etc.) driven by the 13 week forecast to maximize the company’s liquidity.
- Oversee covenant compliance of the senior credit facility.
- Develop a corporate foreign exchange exposure identification process and establish a hedging program, as required.
- Develop a possible EMEA banking and debt consolidation and rationalization plan, ensuring local controllers/FD’s are closely aligned with corporate and private equity sponsors objectives.
- Coordinate with the bank’s documentary collection operations and the corporation’s various export sales functions to improve the DSO and minimize risk in global sales.
- Manage and coordinate with the broker the corporation’s insurance risk exposures; coordinate insurance risk audits and documentation.
- In coordination with the private equity sponsor, manage and develop external relationships such as banks and rating agencies for funding efficiency
- Review and recommend capital structure positioning for the optimal mix of cash, debt, return of capital, and strategic acquisition firepower, in coordination with the private equity sponsor.
- Work closely with the private equity sponsor and business teams to proactively handle the acquisition funding process for potential bolt-on acquisitions.
- Develops financial models and forecasts and drives strategic decision making using appropriate financial analysis.
- Analyzes periodic summaries of performance results and key attribution measurements and monitors compliance to investment or borrowing policies.
What would make me qualified?
- 15+ years experience in senior finance leadership roles partnering with officers and executives, including direct experience interacting with boards and board committees
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required, preferably in accounting or finance CPA, CMA, MBA and/or other financial certifications preferred
- Strong experience in corporate liquidity management and coordination essential.
- Be a hands-on leader who inspires and mentors colleagues and direct reports with clear thinking, market insights and problem-solving
- Deep subject matter expertise in Finance, especially Treasury, treasury accounting, and legal entity structures, and treasury management systems
- International tax experience preferred
- Proven track record of successfully managing c-level relationships, effectively partnering on financial planning and strategy development and execution
- Experience leading complex operational and critical initiatives.
- Ability to lead, inspire the team,
- Incredible attention to detail and ownership of business outcomes
- Be open to new ideas, rapid change and embracing new technologies
- Successfully manage multiple priorities, be very organized and work efficiently to tight deadlines
- Ability to sponsor and drive processes and continuous improvement initiatives