Why would I want this job?
This is a key role within the U.S. leadership team that will act as a co-pilot to the business unit President while reporting to the Senior Finance Director for U.S. Finance. You are the primary interface into Finance for the U.S. [Wholesale/Buying Group] Business, providing insight and challenge into the strategy, partnering with the business unit President and driving performance. Within Finance, you are the Business advocate, going beyond Finance boundaries and leading cross functional collaboration. Key is the overt ownership of relationships with multiple stakeholders, consistently building executive confidence, demonstrating business expertise, understanding market trends, and financial acumen.
What would I be doing?
- Deliver sustainable and profitable growth for the business unit, with full ownership of the P&L
- Partner with the business unit President in development of business unit strategy
- Partner with the Strategic Pricing group, participating in the governance, compliance, and evaluation of customer pricing
- Partner with accounting and the commercial business on evaluation and assessment of customer loans, including monthly monitoring of compliance and risk
- Lead the annual budget for the full P&L including presentation to the Global CEO/CFO
- Lead the monthly rolling forecast and presentation for the full P&L
- Conducting actual vs budget reviews with budget owners, understanding the key drivers of variances and potential impacts on the business and forecast
- Provide ad hoc analytics/support to business partners by applying performance and data driven insights and metrics to identify new opportunities, efficiencies, or solutions to meet business needs.
- This includes challenging the status quo, demonstrating business / financial acumen, systems linkages, and value stream mapping skills to drive continuous improvement
- Lead the development and delivery of strategy translation into short, medium, and long-term financial and non-financial targets and KPIs (EBIT, revenue growth, cash flow)
- Identify potential performance gaps, ensuring transparency of business unit actions and identifying areas for course correction through development of a balanced scorecard/dashboard of the business
- Partner with operations and sales on developing a robust S&OP framework ensuring transparency and delivery of supply needs of the business
- Provide support on developing and tracking key business initiatives and product launches. This includes development of business cases and post-event evaluation of investment
- Identify and utilize market and competitor insights within the business unit decision making process
- Develop frameworks/models to ensure efficient and effective management of sales and marketing activity, including Advertising & Promotions, Salesforce effectiveness, and backorders/issues
- Work closely with Controller on month end closing and routine activities
What would make me qualified?
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA and/or CPA, CMA, or other financial certification is preferred
- Minimum 8 years of finance experience with demonstrated examples of developing growth strategies, and partnering with Sales/Commercial Teams to drive return on marketing investments within the US market
- Working knowledge of Power BI is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially excel)
- Strong understanding of the relationship between income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously is required
- This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, influencing skills and ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organization, including senior management is required
- Attention to detail and problem-solving; understanding and the ability to communicate the big picture while being able to get into the details if needed
- Commitment to continuous self, team, and process improvement
- Foundational project management skills are required
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations, proactively identifying and mitigating process risks within a cross-functional, global organization and effectively lead and govern decision-making bodies is required
- Innovative and continuous improvement mindset with the ability to translate a complex business operations landscape into a streamlined process design is preferred