Why would I want this job?
This important hire is a key member of the Finance team. As such, it requires someone with demonstrated success in owning and executing projects independently as well as collaboratively. You will leverage your strong skills in data analysis, financial reporting, modeling and forecasting in support of strategic decisions to help drive profit improvement. You will summarize financial and operational data and will help business leaders, including Senior Executives and C-Suite, understand their results and the drivers of results, while furthering business objectives. Additionally, you will monitor and analyze business trends to develop forecasts to provide financial summary data to the operations team, aiding in critical decision-making processes and advising on ways to optimize delivery on key performance indicators. Initiative is highly valued.
What would I be doing?
- Support the US local market car rental and truck rental operations through partnering with operations management teams to grow revenue including opening new locations.
- Develop and analyze monthly and periodic forecasts, annual business plans, strategic financial planning initiatives for expenses such as salary & wages, incentive compensation and benefits.
- Create financial and operational models and interpret KPIs and financial results to help identify, plan, prioritize and evaluate projects
- Conduct research and analyze data to generate actionable insights to solve complex business problems and improve performance
- Draft materials to present information to senior leadership and stakeholders throughout the company
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis and financial support to business partners to help drive profitable growth at the company
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related business discipline
- Minimum 5-6 years of experience in finance with a strong record of success and promotion
- High degree of intellectual curiosity, analytical aptitude, attention to detail and a problem-solving orientation with the ability to draw conclusions from data
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, capable of synthesizing and presenting information clearly
- Success engaging and presenting to senior leadership
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead a team and become a strategic business partner
- Proficiency in financial analysis and data analysis including technical skills to retrieve information in a data lake or Tableau environment.
- The candidate will be expected to turn relevant financial data into analysis that provide business insights and actionable changes to the business.