Why would I want this job?
The Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting company’s global financial systems, which include the SAP General Ledger and Oracle Cloud EPM. This responsibility will help to organize, create, communicate and facilitate activities that allow the company to deliver on its global financial systems strategy, governance goals, functional support needs and related system deployment activities. This role serves as a liaison between company’s global Finance and Accounting teams and the IT organization.
What would I be doing?
- Collaborate with business teams to enable financial systems analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation, and support of technical solutions within EPM and SAP GL and other supporting business applications (Workday, Costar, etc.).
- Evaluate and coordinate the implementation of system enhancements, upgrades, updates, patches, and fixes to assure optimal system performance, data integrity, and reliability.
- Drive standardization and process improvements for systems and tools to optimize financial reporting and analysis.
- Participate in post-mortems and assist with integrating findings into guidelines.
- Assist with the global financial consolidation process, including maintenance and monitoring of interfaces/uploads from GL to EPM.
- Ensure consistent application and ongoing maintenance, mapping and governance of master data utilized in the consolidations and GL systems (profit centers, chart of accounts, etc.).
- Assist with ensuring access to financial systems is appropriate, including review of system access requests.
- Streamline, strengthen and maintain SOX compliance requirements and documentation related to financial systems.
- Provide support to identify and suggest approaches to resolve reporting and project related issues.
- Assist with planning, designing and developing training materials and executing training sessions for end users as needed
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years relevant experience.
- SAP & Oracle Cloud EPM
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Must be detail oriented with a high degree of problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrates proficiency in performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. High degree of collaboration across multiple departments.
- Background in Accounting or Finance preferred, with experience in the design and implementation of financial systems and applications as a plus.
- Ability to develop new processes and drive improvements for various finance departments.
- Must be able to prioritize responsibilities in order to ensure adherence to strict deadlines.