Why would I want this job?
Responsible for completing all closing, forecasting (estimate) and budgetary procedures for various Corporate accounts and certain processes. Responsible for providing support to select Corporate functions and acting as the liaison with External/Internal Audit and Tax for any requests for documentation or support related to areas of responsibility.
What would I be doing?
- Perform all financial functions associated with assigned Corporate accounts and transactions, including bank reconciliations, various benefit plan liabilities, payroll and payroll tax accruals, etc. Specific account assignments may change over time.
- Perform month end closing, estimate and budgetary processes, including determination of monthly estimate updates and communication of those updates to other Finance departments as necessary.
- Reconcile and analyze assigned balance sheet accounts, including determination of any necessary adjusting journal entries.
- Assist in performing accounting research and document analysis and conclusions in a memo for certain transactions as needed.
- Perform and document compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls, including review of SOC1 reports for certain third-party organizations and documentation of user control considerations.
- Perform certain expense allocations to divisions.
- Prepare year-end audit support.
- Provide financial and accounting guidance and support FP&A and business partners as needed.
- Perform variance analyses and prepare other ad hoc analyses as requested.
- Assist with special projects, including goodwill impairment testing and accounting for acquisition and/or divestiture transactions.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
What would make me qualified?
- 2 years work experience in accounting, auditing or related field. Financial planning and analysis experience is a plus.
- Experience with SAP and/or Essbase is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA is a plus
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills with an internal customer focus is required.
- Able to work well both independently and through collaborating as part of a team is required.
- Able to manage multiple deadlines and priorities required
- Able to suggest and create meaningful analysis pertaining to areas of responsibility on an ad hoc basis is required.
- Initiative in researching issues is required. Strong knowledge of Excel is required.
- Individual will need to quickly learn various financial systems such as SAP and Essbase, if the candidate does not already have experience with them.
- A detail-oriented individual will make for a successful candidate.