Why would I want this job?
The Global Controller will ensure effective and efficient global accounting operations through managing, implementing and constantly improving the appropriate controls over incoming and outgoing financial transactions. He/She is responsible for all day-to-day, full-cycle accounting activities including the month-end close process, account reconciliations, managing audit and tax engagements, financial reporting, internal controls, accounts payable/receivables, accounting and system vendors, and the payroll function. The Controller will closely partner with the CFO to build process, procedure and scale internal systems that will be required to support the dynamic growth of company.
What would I be doing?
- Direct the global accounting and finance activities in support of revenue and profitability goals.
- Provide leadership including planning, coaching, performance development and mentoring of all global finance/accounting team members.
- Manage and direct the annual financial statement audit and develop the required relationship with our third-party audit firm.
- Monitor staff performance, work with employees to implement goals and document progress.
- Partner with the CFO to implement enhanced accounting and finance systems capable of scaling with significant growth. Partner with various departments within company, as well as with external vendors and strategic partners. Prepare various analyses as needed.
- Develop departmental budget reports, communicate monthly results and work with department managers to track results and understand key variance from plan.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of all financial reports including income statements, balance sheets, reports to investors, etc.
- Manage the development and review of all federal/country-specific, state, sales/VAT, and local tax returns/filings and reporting to drive compliance.
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and general ledger functions.
- Coordinate all global accounting close process activities.
- Manage the risk management and insurance function.
- Manage all accounting and system vendors.
- Foster a culture of teamwork and positive cross-functional collaboration.
- Foster a culture of accountability and results orientation.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA strongly preferred. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive corporate accounting experience with the technical ability to consistently apply US GAAP. International accounting experience a plus.
- Experience within a global SaaS organization, or other software or technology company environment is strongly preferred.
- In depth knowledge of accounting principles, practices, internal controls, methods and procedures.
- Ability to meet tight and changing deadlines.
- Private equity experience including involvement within M&A and exits preferred
- Experience creating, implementing and managing new systems, processes, and procedures in a dynamic high growth environment is strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel and Word, along with a proficiency with account ERP systems.
- Experience with Sage Intacct, or other large-scale ERP systems, is preferred.
- Critical thinking.
- Ability to review both broad and detailed information coming to relevant conclusions.
- Ability to conceptualize.
- Ability to analyze.
- Ability to identify both short and long-term goals.