Why would I want this job?
This newly created position will assist in managing and coordinating all aspects of the company’s revenue recognition process within the Global Revenue Operations team. In this critical role, you will partner with Service Line Leaders as well as the Business Analysis and Legal teams, performing in an advisory role during the contracting process to optimize business outcomes while ensuring accurate revenue recognition.
What would I be doing?
The Global Revenue Manager will serve as the technical accounting advisor in applying ASC 606, documenting accounting conclusions for new revenue streams, establishing processes to ensure proper bookkeeping, and designing and maintaining effective internal controls throughout the revenue recognition process.
- Collaborate with multiple constituencies across the organization serving in an advisory capacity during the contracting process to optimize business outcomes while ensuring accurate revenue recognition.
- Support the revenue recognition process end to end, including contract review, analyze and conclude on accounting treatment, develop operational and accounting processes, support recording monthly revenue entries and prepare meaningful monthly revenue reporting to drive business insights.
- Continuously improve the quality of the revenue recognition process and provide high quality support for all financial reporting requirements.
- Serve as the ASC 606 subject matter advisor, providing thought leadership, counsel, education, and strategy on technical revenue recognition matters.
- Assist in validating and reviewing the calculation of variable consideration at the point of revenue recognition and in subsequent periods to identify the need for adjustments.
- Compile and provide audit work papers as requested by internal and external auditors.
- Document revenue recognition process, identify gaps and risks, design and implement effective internal controls to mitigate identified gaps and risks.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in public accounting or public company environment or mix.
- Strong working knowledge ASC 606 – Revenue Recognition and Contracts with Customers.
- Experience in interpreting legal language in revenue contracts, researching technical guidance, and preparing accounting position papers.
- Strong understanding of internal controls.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and willing to roll up your sleeves.
- Ability to independently organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and reach conclusions for recommendations.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines while maintaining a high-quality product.
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills required.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills, decision-making and judgment.
- Demonstrates accountability for personal work product.
- A positive outlook, a natural intellectual curiosity, and a drive for continuous improvement.