Why would I want this job?
The position functions as a business partner with plant management, to effectively manage and control the plant financials. Additional responsibilities include forecasting, business analysis, and financial reporting. This role will provide oversight and support for company’s Global Manufacturing Plants and will liaison with corporate finance as well as overseas operations/finance teams on a regular basis.
What would I be doing?
- Develop and manage standardized financial processes at the plant level and drive continuous improvement
- Timely preparation and issuance of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial information in accordance with GAAP
- Provide forecasting support, budget projections and analytics in coordination with Corporate FP&A team
- Oversee all aspects of inventory accounting and plant spend to ensure costing accurately reflect production operations.
- Business partner for plant leads, driving accountability for financial performance.
- Conduct formal meetings with manufacturing, finance, and commercial management personnel to discuss all plant issues and gain alignment between commercial forecast and production goals.
- Act as point of contact and manage the annual outside audit as it relates to the plants
- Interaction with rest of the Management Team providing timely and accurate financial analysis of risks and opportunities
- Hands on leader, which will motivate and lead multi-jurisdictional team of 5 to 7 which will provide accounting and finance support
- Maintaining and implementing proper controls and procedures to ensure the company’s assets are protected (SOX 404)
- Management of the standard costing and inventory cycle counts
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare necessary daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as needed
- Assure company Policies and Procedures are adequate and adhered to
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA/MBA a plus
- Minimum ten years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong proficiency in Excel and computer-based accounting systems, experience with Microsoft, JDE/Oracle
- Experience with managing people and working in a global center of excellence model
- Experience with cost accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis
- Ability to develop and maintain Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
- Good communication skills; written and verbal
- Will require domestic and international travel