Why would I want this job?
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, retention, payroll support, affirmative action and employment law compliance. The Human Resources Generalist administers various human resource plans and procedures for all Company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains Employee Handbook.
What would I be doing?
- Due to the nature of a 24/7, 365 days a year business, flexibility after normal business hours in the event of an unforeseen circumstance.
- Must be able to complete and pass pre-employment background check, drug screen, and physical exam.
- Able to communicate effectively (reading, writing, speaking) in English.
- Must demonstrate strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proof of being fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus required.
- Performs complex tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and processes.
- Administers job postings both internally and externally.
- Prepares offer letters and ensures appropriate approvals are made.
- Responsible for requisition and applicant tracking, employment references, background checks, pre-employment physical including audiograms, pulmonary function tests, drug screening processes, and fit tests.
- Assists Department Managers/Supervisors with the screening of potential candidates.
- Provides information and coordinates activities related to established Human Resources policies, procedures, or regulations to Management and staff.
- Monitors absentee/tardiness issues.
- Oversees the performance evaluation program, ensuring that Managers/Supervisors are completing evaluations on a timely basis, and revises the program as necessary.
- Administers and monitors all employee benefit programs, including the 401(k) plan.
- Handles exit interview process for terminating employees.
- Creates and conducts new hire orientation/onboarding process.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include anti-harassment training, discrimination training, diversity and inclusion training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications. Develops/conducts and/or procures all HR training programs.
- Provides strategic support to the Director, Business Administration & Risk Management.
- Maintains human resource information system records.
- Maintains and updates the Employee Handbook as well as policies as needed.
- Ensures compliance with Company Employee Handbook, as well as all Federal, State and local labor laws.
- Fully utilizes the functions and services within our payroll software to assist with onboarding, benefits administration, performance evaluations, etc.
- Provides support/back-up and oversight for payroll process.
- Primary point of contact for Worker’s Compensation and Employee Disability Insurance Claims.
- Coaches Management on various HR topics and on how to effectively communicate HR topics to staff. Such coaching may consist of in-house trainings and/or in-service days focused on staff development.
- Promotes and advocates Company culture.
- Oversees and improves processes for HR systems and procedures.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as an HR Generalist, with a preferred emphasis on staffing, employee relations and management.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to speak and present to audiences of varying sizes.
- Ability to work across business unit lines to build effective working relationships with all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and proven ability to manage a process within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Federal and State laws regarding employment practices.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, work under pressure within established time constraints, and meet deadlines and objectives.
- Possess a team-oriented approach and the desire to help in other areas as required.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of general Benefit Programs.
- Signature of Confidentiality Agreement required upon hire.