Why would I want this job?
Our client is looking for an experienced Human Resources Payroll & Benefits Manager to oversee and manage the payroll and benefits for our rapidly growing team of employees. Sitting at the intersection of finance and HR, this role will own the day-to-day payroll and benefits administration, processing, and customer service to ensure accuracy, clarity, competitiveness.
What would I be doing?
- Maintain, and review all matters related to payroll administration, processing, and reconciliation.
- Manage the systems to process payroll account transactions (e.g., salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, taxes and third-party payments).
- Process payroll changes (e.g., new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades, Etc.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports, liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions; specifically collaborate closely with people operations and finance.
- Manage the relationship with our payroll vendors, both domestic and international.
- Own and continually improve all Finance and HR operations activities related to payroll, vendor relationship management, employment law compliance, ACA reporting, I-9 completion and filing, employee record management, and employee leave request administration.
What would make me qualified?
Requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of experience as a payroll and benefits specialist or manager at a company of 200+ employees.
- Experience with Payroll, Benefits. Knowledge and experience with NY state labor laws, tax and compliance as well as all federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, including HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, and DOL/FLSA requirements.
- Must be completely vaccinated. All work must be done in person in office location.
- Build and maintain the trust of our employees by providing detailed and timely responses.
- Must be detail oriented, deadline driven and work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be fluent Spanish speaker. Able to communicate clearly and concisely in oral and written form across teams.
- Ability to comfortably interact with employees of all levels of experience and seniority, across the organization and uses diplomacy and discretion when dealing with sensitive employee payroll and benefit matters.
- Confidentiality and discretion are a must.
- Ability to drive to our 2nd location in Allentown, PA as needed
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot charts, VLOOKUP’s, Orgcharts, importing and running reports form on database to another).
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field; professional certification (e.g., SHRM-CP, CPP, CPM) is a plus.
- Experience working with a third-party payroll company. Such as Brands, ADP, Peoplesoft etc. Interested and informed on emerging technologies and are always looking for improvement, automation, and efficiency in processes.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Management
- Be the primary administrator of all things related to benefits.
- Oversee employee benefits plan administration, renewals and assist ensuring our benefits are competitive and easy to use.
- Provide employee benefit support and manage benefit-related initiatives like the open enrollment processes/ interface with brokers, carriers, employees, and own reporting related to the programs, etc.
- Own and continually improve all HR operations activities related to payroll and benefits, HR vendor relationship management, employment law compliance, ACA reporting, I-9 completion and filing, employee record management, and employee leave request administration.
- Build and maintain a good working knowledge of benefits legislation, industry standards, and best practices, incorporating standards into processes and procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to resolve payroll and benefits issues.
- Be the main contact for employees on all programs.