Why would I want this job?
Our client is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty building materials in the United States, with a team of over 14,000 employees located throughout the country. Since their founding in 2009, they have acquired over 60 companies and have expanded to more than 400 locations serving 37 states.
What would I be doing?
- Oversee the financial accounting activities and monthly, quarterly and year-end financial closes, ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and Company policies and procedures
- Participation in monthly financial review meetings
- Ensure appropriate financial and internal control processes and changes are implemented and are being executed to address the Company’s growth and changing business model as well as to ensure processes are being performed in an effective and efficient manner
- Assist with the development, monitoring and enforcement of company-wide accounting policies and procedures – this includes ensuring that desk level procedures are appropriately maintained
- Participate with bank and other compliance reporting
- Work closely with the company’s auditors to execute annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Liaise with Technical Accounting group in the implementation and monitoring of complex accounting topics, and with other accounting staff at Corporate or at operating companies
- Participate in integration of acquired entities into the Company’s accounting and reporting processes
- Manage and develop direct reports to ensure their responsibilities are completed timely and accurately
What would make me qualified?
- Accounting degree and CPA required
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- Supervisory experience required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, including experience with financial statement consolidations
- Public company and public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with acquisitions preferred
- Strong communication skills (including writing skills)
- Must be comfortable working in an evolving, entrepreneurial environment