Why would I want this job?
Our client is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty building materials in the United States, with a team of over 14,000 employees located throughout the country. Since their founding in 2009, they have acquired over 60 companies and have expanded to more than 400 locations serving 32 states.
What would I be doing?
- Responsible for performing all daily, monthly, quarterly and annual accounting functions for all assigned areas as well as financial closings, audit preparation and other special projects
- Prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly, and annual journal entries as needed
- Perform account analysis and reconciliations
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Liaise with other accounting staff at Corporate or at operating companies
- Maintain accounting policies and procedures and ensure that procedures are applied consistently
- Execution of routine or ad hoc reporting
- Participate in special projects and accounting research as needed and assigned
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Responsible for reviewing work of others within the department or from the company’s divisions
What would make me qualified?
- Accounting degree required
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Public Company experience preferred
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills – both verbally and written
- Must be comfortable working in an evolving, entrepreneurial environment