Why would I want this job?
Our client seeking an Investor Relations Lead to join our close knit, diverse team; in this role you will be working directly with the Vice President of Investor Relations in key areas of the function to include the preparation of quarterly earnings releases and conference call scripts, investor and board presentation materials, and various other projects. He/she will have visibility and exposure to C-Suite Executives and serve as the company liaison for the investment community. As liaison, you will be helping to communicate the company’s strategy, growth opportunities, business initiatives and financial performance to investors and analysts. Internally, the role also encompasses providing competitive news and industry information to senior management, keeping them up to date on investor expectations.
What would I be doing?
- Develop in-depth understanding of the Company’s strategy, operations and financial history and consistently stay current on the Company’s business initiatives.
- Support the investor relations team with financial modeling and database updates, Q&A prep materials, ad hoc data analysis, updating investor relations and board presentation materials along with various other projects.
- Disseminate competitive news and industry information to C-Suite to keep them up to date on investor expectations.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with analysts and investors by participating in meetings and prioritizing regular communications with investor community along with attendance at investor conferences in order to stay current on investor expectations on the Company.
What would make me qualified?
- Progressive professional experience in equity research; focus on the retail apparel sector preferred.
- Would also consider equivalent experience in investment banking, business development, finance, planning or strategy.
- Superior financial and investment analysis capabilities, including clear and thorough understanding of financial modeling and valuation techniques used by investment professionals.
- Deep knowledge of the retail apparel industry and investment community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong skills in developing presentation materials.
- Solid interpersonal skills to develop relationships across a global organization and with the investment community.
- Effective organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Results-oriented, high personal integrity and strong work ethic.