Why would I want this job?
This is an exciting opportunity for an IT Auditor who will work within the Finance group. The Internal Audit department partners with all levels of management to perform SOX testing, internal audits and consulting projects that add value to the organization, and we proactively work to develop innovative and efficient solutions to address areas of improvement. We work as a cohesive Internal Audit team supporting each other to accomplish our common goals, while challenging each other to continually improve. This position includes approximately 15% travel; predominantly within North America.
What would I be doing?
As an IT Auditor, you will build out your technology, data analytics and risk management experience. The Auditor will primarily conduct SOX testing. Additional opportunities include pre-audit planning and conducting independent and objective audit reviews across company’s operations. This includes, but is not limited to infrastructure components, cybersecurity, IT integrations, critical IT components, system implementations and engineering application reviews. You will build strong relationships with technology leadership across company to effectively deliver value added solutions, inside and outside of engagements, such as continuous controls monitoring. You will assist in the preparation of engagement reports with supervision from the IT Audit Manager and Sr. Audit Director.
Internal Audit Program Highlights:
- Individuals will have opportunities to interact with Sr. Management at all levels of the organization.
- Engage with the stakeholders to improve the functionality of the area(s) being assessed.
- Individuals will participate in the execution of the annual audit plan (e.g., IT and Ops engagements) providing assurance while developing a deep understanding of company’s policies and procedures.
- Auditors are encouraged to think both autonomously and collaboratively while working to develop high quality deliverables.
- Participation in a variety of special projects assigned by management.
- Perform Sarbanes Oxley testing that supports management & external auditors.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key business and functional leaders.
- Execute timely/accurate audit/SOX planning, testing and wrap-up/reporting while taking a risk-based approach that suits each client’s specific environment and business (e.g., developing/ adapting/ reviewing audit programs, test steps or control evaluations to suit a client’s specific environment).
- Bring forth ideas and opinions to other audit team members to collaborate in a team-based environment while also listening to others’ points of view.
- Conduct independent & objective reviews across company, providing added value to the businesses and operations.
- Demonstrate a confident and well-developed communication style, both written and spoken, that establishes credibility and facilitates clear business acumen to business leaders.
- Execute on Technology Audit Strategy/Planning/Execution.
- Creative thinking skills to help identify root causes and propose alternative solutions.
- Desire to learn new technologies, develop leadership skills and evaluate new ways of doing business.
- Execute on integrated audits working with financial audit team.
- Develop strong relationship with leadership and internal customers.
- Independent, self-starter, with a strong work ethic, high degree of motivation and the ability to contribute to a positive team attitude; proven dedication to teamwork, leadership, and integrity within a professional environment.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Accounting, or other IT related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior experience in Auditing preferred, with ability to demonstrate being a top performer
- CISA, CISM, CRISC, or CPA certification
- Experience with IT foundational concepts (e.g., Change Management, Access Management, IT Operations, and Security) and the associated risks and controls within these processes.
- Exposure to SAP
- Knowledge of US GAAP, NIST, COBIT, ISO and internal auditing standards and requirements, as set out by IIA, ISACA, and BIS
- Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP
- Knowledge of data analytics tools (ACL) and/or audit technology (e.g., AuditBoard)