Why would I want this job?
In this role, you will be an integral part of the accounting close responsible for the global consolidation of the company’s financial statements. In addition, you will review journal entries, reconciliations, and supporting schedules submitted by the Corporate Accounting staff. You will be an agent of change focused on improving processes through the formulation of ideas and a plan to execute on them.
Currently Remote – then Morris County/Hybrid
What would I be doing?
- Manage the monthly accounting close including the distribution of the close calendar and drive the process to promote adherence to established deadlines.
- Prepare, review, and analyze the consolidated financial statements to ensure they are complete and accurate including journal entries recorded by the Corporate Accounting staff.
- Present critical and /or material accounting matters to the Assistant Controller and Corporate Controller.Prepare and/or review supporting workpapers that are provided to the company’s external auditors in connection with the annual audit process.
- Partner with key stakeholders from the Finance organization to ensure compliance with company accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Support budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Review Balance Sheet reconciliations monthly and provide real time feedback to junior staff offering suggestions on how to improve the reconciliation process and/or procedure.
- Oversight of the company’s Balance Sheet Control Matrix ensuring Account Reconciliations are prepared and approved within the established timeline. Perform quarterly audit of key Account Reconciliations to provide assurance that reconciliations are being prepared/reviewed in strict compliance with policy.
- Advise the staff regarding the handling of non-routine accounting transactions.
- Manage and develop the Corporate Accounting staff by providing a strong mentorship foundation focused on growth opportunities within the organization. Actively engage staff to encourage the exchange of ideas and empower independent thought.
What would make me qualified?
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of relevant experience (3-5 years in a supervisory role).
- CPA (Strongly Preferred).
- Lawson Financials or Micro Soft Dynamics experience desired, Advanced Excel skills.
- Detail oriented with a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Business Objects Reporting (preferred).
- Proven track record for driving process efficiencies and solving problems.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently while collaborating with relevant teams as necessary to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Capacity to work with cross-functional peers and other members of management.
- A positive outlook, a natural intellectual curiosity, and a drive for continuous improvement.