Why would I want this job?
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Manager is an integral part of the finance and accounting team and report to the VP FP&A. The FP&A Manager assists with the preparation of internal/external financial reports, Executive Committee and Board of Directors materials, monthly financial analysis materials, and provide ad hoc analysis for the organization.
What would I be doing?
- Help lead and execute month-end and quarter-end P&L distribution and forecast consolidation for departments of responsibility
- Craft and manage monthly Excel based reports
- Work with business operations, and other key stakeholders to generate requested reporting output
- Help drive key insights and analytics
- Execute value-added analysis and provide decision support for special projects and initiatives
- Execute continuous process improvements.
- Assist in developing finance and business presentations; related supporting materials
- Makes confident, fact-based decisions
- Approaches problems from different perspectives in order to suggest and implement solutions.
- Forecasts issues in advance in order to prevent potential impacts; both internally and externally.
- Facilitates communication between team members to ensure efforts are aligned.
- Takes accountability for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development.
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Adept at using logic and reasoning to work through problems and analyze information.
- Manages operations a department, directly impacting a specific functional area.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Interprets and recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization
- Other duties as assigned.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a concentration in one of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting.
- MBA or other graduate degree in Finance related field, preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8+ years in a corporate accounting or finance role including 3 plus years experience in leadership role
- Demonstrated success in financial modeling and analysis.
- Experience with financial planning and analysis functions, including annual budget, capital budgeting, long-term strategic planning and resource allocation processes.
- Solid understanding of accounting and finance principles, superior analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong business partnering and interpersonal skills
- Organized, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions.
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations in order to meet deadlines.
- High degree of proficiency with Excel, MS Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong project management skills Ability to multi-task and manage numerous simultaneous priorities
- High energy, high ownership of work product and dedication and commitment to driving results