Why would I want this job?
The Manager, Financial Reporting position is a visible, key role within company, which reports to the Associate Director of Financial Reporting. Key responsibilities include assisting with the preparation of SEC Filings, analysis of technical accounting and reporting issues, maintaining effective internal controls, supporting the internal and external audit processes, assisting with process improvement initiatives, and working on special projects.
What would I be doing?
- Manage the preparation of SEC filings (Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K and Proxy), including drafting financial statements, footnotes and MD&A included within.
- Prepare and manage the timeline and documentation requests related to quarterly and year-end activities.
- Maintain Wdesk (financial reporting system) and related analyses that support the preparation of SEC filings.
- Account for the Company’s leases under ASC 842.
- Account for changes in stockholders’ equity and stock-based compensation
- Support the internal and external audit process.
- Perform control activities and maintain related SOX documentation.
- Review XBRL included in Form 10-K and Form 10-Q filings
- Participate in the preparation of the earnings releases and review of financial information in call scripts.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Operations, FP&A and Treasury teams on routine matters and special projects
- Research technical accounting issues and documenting conclusions
- Support ad hoc requests, as required
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance – Required
- 6 years or more in 5-8 years Big 4 public accounting experience working on SEC clients, preferably in the pharmaceutical or life sciences industry
- 5 years or more in Management of projects or people
- 5 years or more in Experience addressing Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements
- Deep technical knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements – Advanced
- Multi-national public company experience preferred – Advanced
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel – Advanced
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Detail oriented and collaborative work style
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated learner
- Active CPA license required-Upon Hire-Required