Why would I want this job?
We are seeking a highly analytical and detail-oriented Manager of Cost to join the team at a Food Ingredients Manufacturer. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing the costs of raw materials, labor, and other expenses involved in the production of food ingredients. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in accounting, finance, or a related field, and be able to work independently and as part of a team. *5 days in office*
What would I be doing?
- Analyze the costs of raw materials, labor, and other expenses involved in the production of food ingredients
- Analyzing production variances to understand the drivers and corrective actions.
- Ensure Inventory accuracy, performing spot counts, and ensure the cycle count program is being followed
- Develop and maintain cost accounting systems, policies, and procedures
- Prepare and analyze financial reports
- Identify and recommend cost-saving opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement cost reduction initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained regarding sensitive documents / record retention
- Proposes process improvements for the department / Company
- Performs the job while adhering to all company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in cost accounting or a related field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Sage X3 and / or SEI
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other financial software
- Basic/Intermediate proficiency using MS Suite (i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain/handle confidential information
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be self-motivated and work successfully as part of a team