Why would I want this job?
This position exercises a wide degree of creativity and latitude in completion of job duties and problem solving. Persons in this position function in a consultative role, serving as a partner in decision making and problem solving by employing self-initiated and proactive assessments of leadership information needs. Coordinating with the CFO, Controller and Directors, this person serves to mentor other Finance staff.
Hybrid Role in the office 2 days a week
What would I be doing?
- Lead the monthly forecasting process, including analysis of actual and forecast performance for the company, divisions and business units.
- Reviews and explain variances when comparing actual, budgets, and forecasts.
- Performs trend analysis with respect to key metrics.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and presentations for the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis.
- Perform hands-on support in relation to the planning systems design and configuration of reports and input schedules.
- Prepares ad hoc reports and analysis as requested. Demonstrates a high level of ability and comprehensive knowledge of personal computer applications and healthcare accounting, finance and revenue cycle.
- Special projects may be assigned as needed.
What would make me qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university with a focus in accounting, finance or related field.
- 4 – 6 years of experience in a similar role. (Healthcare environment experience would a plus.)
- Must possess strong leadership skills, be highly analytical and forward thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and assertive with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft word, excel, and other applicable computer applications.
- Strong background in finance and budget management.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive financial and operational information.