Why would I want this job?
Our client is the largest privately held industrial gas business in the world, and a leading industrial medical gas company in North and South America.
What would I be doing?
- Manage Americas annual insurance program renewals by working internally with cross-functional teams and with insurance broker
- Perform underwriting data validation to verify accuracy and completeness of data and data sources
- Employ analytics in the benchmarking of retentions, deductibles, and limits of liability
- Proactively manage risk exposures and help mitigate loss frequency and severity
- Advise business on insurance-related matters based on data analysis
- Provide/maintain annual insurance budget
- Develop and maintain relationships with insurance broker nd periodically monitor performance
- Collaborate and work effectively with internal teams and with global group insurance
- Develop/provide periodical reporting and metrics and assist with risk valuation
- Perform ad-hoc projects as necessary and draft/implement policies and procedures
- Help department in implementing risk management/RMIS tool and utilize the tool effectively
What would make me qualified?
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Insurance & Risk Management, Finance, or other quantitative field
- Insurance or Risk management certification (CPCU or IRM) a plus
- 7 to 10 years of progressive experience in insurance
- Demonstrated knowledge of casualty, property, workers’ compensation, auto, cargo, rolling stock, D&O, EPL and other insurance coverages
- Knowledge of captive insurance programs a plus
- Analytical, with ability to use data to drive desired results and support intelligent risk taking
- Strong business acumen as well as understanding of risk assessment methodologies
- Hands-on, results driven with strong project management skills
- Ability to challenge status quo, drive change where appropriate, and adjust to changing priorities
- Detail-oriented with excellent planning, organizational, and communication skills
- Goal-oriented, demonstrates the ability to manage workload when conflicting priorities exist
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and knowledge of ERP and RMIS systems
- Bilingual skills in Portuguese and/or Spanish a plus