Why would I want this job?
The Payroll Staff Accountant will organize, coordinate, and complete end-to-end processing of the company’s payroll and other accounting functions.
What would I be doing?
End-to-End Processing of Company’s Payroll – Including but not limited to:
• Computation of Daily and Weekly Time Sheets
• Data Entry of Daily and Weekly Time Sheets
• Printing of PR and PR Deduction Checks – Direct Deposit Transmissions
• Weekly/Monthly Payroll Reports (Including Certified Payrolls and Union Reporting and Remittances)
• Monthly OCIP Reporting
• Garnishment Maintenance
• Complete Employment Verifications and Wage History Reports
• PR Tax Remittance and Reporting – Weekly, Quarterly, Annual
• W2 Reconciliation and Printing
• Reconciling Accrued Payroll Expenses to General Ledger
• Group Medical/Dental Insurance Administration, including COBRA when applicable
• 401k Employee Investment Administration
• All Relative PR YE Reports/Files for Auditors
• Provide Support for all departments and projects to assist in their Payroll and accounting needs.
• Coordinate with local staff to assure smooth processing of the company’s PR and HR functions.
• Take general management direction from Supervisors.
• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of accounting systems related to PR and accounting.
• Participate in internal and external audits
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
• Prepare various month-end financial reports
• Maintain clean PR and accounting records of applicable duties
• Resolve discrepancies on PR and accounting issues.
What would make me qualified?
Minimum three (3) years prior staff accounting experience to include full cycle payroll processing and tax prep and reporting
Excellent math and English language (written and verbal) skills
Good planning and organization, ability to multitask multiple jobs simultaneously, comfortable in fast-paced environment
Computer literate, MS Excel required
Possesses a high set of moral and ethical standards in business dealings